This week the Mets unveiled the new food options fans will be able to eat at Citi Field in 2017. While I’ll be publishing my own opinions of the food available at Citi Field as the season gets underway, here is what I’ve been able to glean from the articles that have popped up on the web. It is not exactly clear where these options will be in the stadium, which ones will in clubs inaccessible to all fans, and which items are completely new. More to come once the season officially kicks off!
- The biggest news is the addition of DŌ, the hot new dessert fad to hit New York City. Their edible cookie dough will feature blue and orange cones and can be topped with blue, white and orange sprinkles
- Josh Capon, the chef and TV personality who operates Burger & Barrell in NYC, will offer the Bash Burger, which is topped with caramelized onions, bacon jam, pickles, American cheese
- Nicoletta’s, a pizza spot in the East Village, will have a stand featuring Chicken Parm sandwiches, and will also serve mozzeralla & pepperoni sticks and gelato
- Big Mozz, which has been popular at the Smorgasburg food festival in Brooklyn, will be offering mozzarella sticks
- Jim Beam Bourbon Bar will be in the centerfield concourse
- Two Boots adds Queens of Queens, a white pizza with Creole chicken, broccoli, basil, garlic and cherry tomatoes
- Wise Cheez Doodles will be offered in special Mets packaging and will come in several new flavors: Fastballs (extremely spicy), Sliders (bacon cheddar), and Changeups (white cheddar)
I’m sure there is more. I look forward to getting into Citi Field on opening day, sorting all this info out, starting to try out all of the options, and post more details and reviews on this site.