Update: The game has been cancelled due to a forecast of heavy rain. The game will not be rescheduled.
Next Friday’s exhibition contest between the Mets and the Army Black Knights has been moved from West Point to Citi Field. With the big nor’easter snow storm last week, Johnson Stadium at Doubleday Field at West Point could not be made ready for game play in time for the game. Officials had intended to add temporary bleachers to accommodate all of the fans, but conditions of the facility now do not allow this.
For more detail on the game itself, see my Exhibitions Game page.
Tickets for the game are available to the public at Mets.com for $10. According to the Mets:
- Tickets are still available for $10
- Active and retired millitary personnel plus a guest can attend for free with ID
- This is a general admission event – no assigned seats
- Game will start at 1:10pm with the Jackie Robinson Rotunda opening at 11:10am
- There will be limited concessions available
- Game will be 7 innings
- Parking is free
- All proceeds will be donated to the Mets Foundation
Accessible to all Fans
Personally I’m very happy about this. I knew I would be unable to attend the game at West Point because tickets would only be made available to military personnel, but with the move to Citi Field, the game will be accessible to the public. It was nice to see the reasonable cost of the ticket at $10 as well as no service charges and free parking!